Help people use technology to turn their data into useful information through superior skills, creativity, attitude and knowledge.
- Over 12 years professional experience
- Windows Network, E-mail Administration, System design/programming
- Internet, TCP/IP networking, packet analysis, Bind DNS, sendmail
- VB.Net, VB6, HTML, Perl, Bash, FoxPro, Progress 4GL, Pascal development
- Graphic art production and web publishing
- Unix, Linux, Windows NT/2K3/XP, Active Directory
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Very active imagination. Enjoy thinking BIG
- 1 semester Electronics Associate - MATC - Madison, WI. Tested out of 1st semester electronics courses.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems & Psychology, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, 1992.
Information Consultant, Wisconsin Electric Power Company, Inc. - Milwaukee, WI
Fall 1997 to Present
- Trained 3 new people on Windows security administration.
- Learned Visual Basic 6 (VB6) and VB.Net.
- Deployed enterprise account administration tools.
- Wrote security utilities in VB6, VB.Net, and Perl.
- Interfaced VB6 application with SAP/R3.
- Created automated NT account cleanup process, coded in VB6.
- Performed security administration: NT4/2K3/AD, UNIX, remote access, e-mail content filtering, ACF2, anti-virus, SAP/R3.
Programmer/Analyst, Argus Technologies, Inc. - Wauwatosa, WI
Winter 1995 to Fall 1997
- Develop business software in FoxPro programming language
- Conduct on-site consulting
- Provide telephone support to users of our software products
- Repair corrupt data files and converted outdated data
- Assemble and troubleshoot PCs and peripherals
- Design and produce graphic art for Web publishing project
- Created software security and key registration routines for auto rental software.
- Wrote terminal/host communication module for processing medical insurance claims in existing medical billing software.
- Performed maintenance on confidential medical treatment and claim data for multiple healthcare clinics and offices.
- Developed graphic art for web site.
- Learned EDI and modem communication programming techniques.
- Wrote stand-alone on-line credit card transaction processing application for retail point-of-sale use. System utilizes magnetic strip scanning and terminal/host communication via modem.
- Integrated credit card processing into existing auto rental software.
Programmer/Analyst, Office Technology, Inc. - Neenah, WI
Spring 1992 to Winter 1995 (2 positions held)
Accounting Systems Department, 1994 to 1995
- Provide programming in FoxPro for custom software and modifications to SBT Accounting Systems
- Learned FoxPro language
- Created small, in-house time tracking system for our Tech Care customers.
- Designed, developed, and delivered storage tracking system that interfaces to SBT for Holland Cold Storage, Inc. System tracks client inventory, produces reports and performs invoicing.
- Streamlined outbound sales call processing for Infection Control Products, Inc. by converting call screen to 50 lines and including sales history on the same screen.
- Modified balance sheet and income statement reports to show full account and department numbers for D & J Foods (owns the Arby’s franchises in the Fox Valley).
Best Software Division, Spring 1992 to 1994
- Provide programming in Progress 4GL for various projects at software publishing division
- Learned Progress 4GL in order to perform duties for this position.
- Developed internal time reporting system in Progress 4GL for planning, tracking, costing and invoicing.
- Pioneered multi-page cellular “spreadsheet” type user interface in Progress.
- Suggested and wrote source/version control product with team of 3 other programmers.
- Produced next version release of “BestPro”, emphasizing improvements in E-mail and code generation.
- Completed an independent contract project for Hilbert High School - Hilbert, WI in Turbo Pascal.
- Model aviation
- HAM radio
- Piano & keyboards
- Photography & graphic art